Saturday, November 14, 2009

God, Gabriel, and Google

I wonder....if...

"Hey Gabe, google Jody Seymour and see what you get."

"But you're God for heaven's sake. Why do you need to google him?"

"Well, I've been sort of busy lately and I want to catch up. After all I've got other stuff I do besides keep up with those people of mine. Did you see that new galaxy that I started forming from that exploding star? What a show. And I've got it down to a couple of million years...the whole process. Why I might even start me a whole new set of creatures one of these days...but for now do what I said. Google that Seymour guy."

"Let's see. There's not really much here. He's written some stuff...and he's still doing that ministry thing you got him into. That's about it."

"I forgot. You're using that old slow thing of yours. Come over here and let me show you something. This is my personal computer. It's a lot faster than yours and the search engine on it...well...lets just say that when I use the term "google" it is an expression of sorts. The search engine I use makes Google look like an old black and white photo compared to a full length movie in 3-D."

"How come you've never let me use your computer?"

"I'm God and you're not."

"O, I forgot."

"Yea, I'm used to that"

"Well, what can you 'look up' on yours that I can't on mine?"

"I can search the heart. I can examine motives. I can research the 'why' of it all. Ah, Gabe there's far more to those people of mine than meets the eye. Why just come over here and look at my screen and what is reveals when 'I' google Seymour."

"Wow...."

Bless you....(and with that Capital One credit card commercial as a reminder..."What's on your screen?"
jody jseymour@davidsonumc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment