Tuesday, February 26, 2019

So I Had this Dream


So I had this dream last night:

            I walked up to my church and there was a sign on the door that read, “Open Minds, Open Hearts, Open Doors: the People of the United Methodist Church.”  But when I tried to open the door it was locked.  I could hear people inside talking about something but I could not get in.
            As I walked away I saw a group of people sitting under a tree.  They were holding hands and crying.
            I turned and walked down the street to another church.  The door opened and I could sense even without words being said that everyone was accepted and affirmed for who they were.
            I knew I could stay but I was feeling very sad so I walked away.  I looked over and there was Jesus sitting on a bench by himself.  He was looking out as if he was thinking about something.  He looked sad and lonely.  Since I felt sad and lonely I decided to sit down beside him.
            He did not look my way at first.  I leaned my head against his shoulder.  A tear ran down my cheek.  Jesus reached out his hand and caught my tear in his cupped hand.  I noticed the scar on his wrist.
            He then put his hand on my head and whispered, “All will be well someday.”
            I woke up and realized that it was not yet, “someday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment