Tuesday, December 25, 2018

God's Ponderings: A Poem for Christmas


God’s Ponderings
(a poem for Christmas)

Life given as beginnings
a garden so
quickly lost

A people chosen not for
pride of nation
but to reflect
my light

Laws for their good
shared in stone
but broken all
too soon

Prophet’s voices echoing
warnings of love
but ignored in
their constant wilderness

So what shall I do
to gain their
wandering attention?

I know…
This time I will
give them me
No more signs pointing
my way

I will make it personal
full of flesh and blood
and wrapped
in my love for them

Surrounded by surprise
this appearance
of mine
will be

An accepting woman-
A bewildered man-
A helpless child-

Ah yes, that’s what
I’ll do
this time-
I think I will
call it
Christmas

Merry Christmas to all,
Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment